Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Kids say the damnedest things...

. . . again.

Yesterday evening, I was tutoring my son En-Uk in English, a necessary task since he attends a Korean kindergarten and speaks Korean most of the time. He was finishing the final story in a little book titled A Child's First Bible, whose antepenultimate sentence promises:

"The best thing is this: Jesus will come back someday!"

En-Uk closed the book, and as I took it away to place it on the shelf of books already read, I overheard him mutter:

"Jesus is always coming back, again and again. Coming and dying, coming and dying. Boring, boring, boring!"

I restrained myself from even chuckling in front of En-Uk, but my wife later burst into laughter at hearing me quote his words.

"But where," she asked after catching her breath, "did he get this idea?"

"Maybe," I speculated, "because there are four gospels. Jesus comes and dies, comes and dies, comes and dies, comes and dies -- four times! And then, promises to come again!

That sort of behavior could tend to get a little tedious.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Indeed. One could almost die laughing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home