Monday, December 18, 2006

"alle the nobel prize of pisse from 1996 to 2006"

Also awarded for piss?
(Image from Wikipedia)

Seldom do I top the list of items generated by a Google search, but some kind soul from Algeria (Visitor Number 68,854) used the French version of Google to search for "alle the nobel prize of pisse from 1996 to 2006," and coming at the top of 210 contenders was my very own blog, Gypsy Scholar.

I am humbled by this honor.

Surprized, too. I had no idea that my blog had won the Nobel Prize for Piss. I didn't even know that there is a Nobel Prize for Piss. I must be about as 'ignernt' as Kudzu's Uncle Dub, who won the Nobel Prize for Automotive Mechanics without even knowing what a Nobel Prize is. Okay, I'm not that ignernt.

But why wasn't I told? And when's the ceremony? And do I need to prepare some words?

Above all ... how did a little piss ant like me win? Let's see if I can recall any blog entries of mine that might have boosted me to the top...

Maybe for "A brief interlude... "?
My little seven-year-old son En-Uk rushes into the bathroom while I'm brushing my teeth, announces "I have to pee!", begins his business while singing a Korean song containing an English line, and belts out that line so enthusiastically--

"LIFE IS GONNA GET BETTER!!!"

--that he manages to mark the toliet seat, toliet brush, wastebasket, nearby floor, and most of that corner of the bathroom along with my bare feet as his own private territorial range.

Life for poor En-Uk got suddenly rather worse...
That was a classic ... even if it was only two weeks ago.

Or was the prize for "Childhood Misunderstandings: 'The Princess and the Pea'"? The prize probably wasn't for "I thought that I'd seen a lot . . . (and don't read this if you've got a weak stomach)," though "piss" is mentioned. Also likely not for "Amphibious Assault: Der Tod Comes For 'Frog'" and its mention of the word "urinate." And surely not for "Excursions through Hell," despite its reference to my kids singing about pissing on gorillas.

So far as I can see, I've only five times mentioned the bodily function of passing water, and thrice only in passing. Hardly enough for this noble honor.

Could anybody help me get to the bottom of this?

10 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Of course you didn't know about this particular Nobel Prize. The medal isn't as large as the better known ones. It's wee.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Ah, oui oui!

These days, Nobel Prizes are getting so common (what for Automotive Mechanics and whatnot) that the awards are raining down like a golden shower on my parade!

Uh, wait a minute ... are you taking the piss out of me?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

All I know is that if I were asked to grade you on a scale of one to ten, I'd have no choice but to reply: "you're an eight!"

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

If I understand you right, then I must say "No! No! No! A thousand times no!"

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

"Soon after this the wyf hir rowtyng leet,
And gan awake, and wente hire out to pisse,"

This quote earned you le prix nobel de la pisse!

How did you find out about this Algerian fellow? Did he send you a message congratulating you?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

HR, it's info from my site meter, which you'll find at the very bottom of my blog.

You should get a site meter for your blog.

Actually, it's a bad idea, for you then waste even more time looking to see who's been looking.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Muahaha.. so Jeffery, you really ARE in Korea.. I fell big brotherish.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

HR's words:

"I fell big brotherish."

Just wait till your site meter is an implant...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I still don't understand why someone would do a search in 3 languages, for the nobel piss prize, no less. "alle" is not french. These are strange times we live in..

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

HR, I think that the Algerian was using the French Google but attempting to search for what he thought was an English expression.

But his English was poor, and in sounding out what he had perhaps heard, he misspelled "Peace" as "Pisse" ... perhaps.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home