Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ozark Outlook...

Bluff on White River
Calico Rock, Arkansas
Hope I've not overlooked anything but this bluff...

The image above comes to us courtesy of Daddio's EIC site. God willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll be seeing such scenes in person by Sunday, when we'll actually be meeting Daddio, his family, and others for our woodlands hike. We may even be eating dinner in Calico Rock, not far from the very bluff that you see before you.

My wife will be taking along her camera, so I might post images sometime, but no promises because:
1. I might not have time.

2. I don't know how.
Eventually, I hope to have my own photographs and learn how to post them so that I don't need to steal from Daddio's site, but until then...

Daddio, incidentally, has emailed to tell me that the forecast looks good for Sunday -- with daytime temperature in the 50s fahrenheit. That converts to between 10 and 16 degrees centigrade, which sounds rather good for this time of year.

A bit of wind is also expected, but not nearly so much as was generated by those supercells on Super Tuesday. No, I don't mean the blowhard politicians. I'm talking about the tornados that hit Arkansas hard. As I found out just this morning, one tornado struck near Ash Flat, Arkansas, a mere 30 miles from my hometown of Salem.

I located a video of that Ash Flat storm, but not much is visible, so if anyone has more information, let us know.

Okay, I'm signing off now at four in the morning as I orient myself toward waking my family in another hour to head for Seoul's international airport by six to make our plane by late morning.

Let's hope for traveling mercies, for my entire family will be on that plane...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been gone a long time. Are you measuring in kilometers?
Ash Flat is 18.3 miles from your boyhood home.

HD

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

30 from Viola, though...right?

Roughly?

LOL!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, guys. I'm now here in the Ozarks and will call soon.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home