Saturday, July 11, 2009

Don't fence me in . . .

Not Steven Sin . . .
. . . but close enough to 'sin'
Touché!
(Image from Saber Fencer)

The image above Steve Sin's blog is apparently of Sylwia Gruchala . . . a Polish fencer. Not the 'cowgirl' sort of fencer, but I won't argue the point with her. She can take whatever label she wishes, for she she seems pretty tough, having most recently won a gold medal in the 2007 World Championship for Team Foil . . . and several other medals over the past 10 years.

Excuse me, but I've been distracted.

What I meant to post was that my military friend, Steven S. Sin, has split his blog into two separate blogs -- one on A Fencer's Musings, the other on Northeast Asia Matters. Steve is the man who posted in response to my blog entry on the difficulties encountered by my daughter in Korean middle school.

Steve is also the man from whom I receive regular emails on open-source information about North Korea, prompting my recent posts on the North's decline. Posts like this one on Sylwia Gruchala.

Oops . . . distracted again. Sorry.

As I was saying, Sylwia Gruchala. No, dammit, not Sylwia Gruchala. I really don't mean Sylwia Gruchala. I'm certainly not obsessed with Sylwia Gruchala. I've never even heard of Sylwia Gruchala.

Okay. Focus. Think of the empire. The military. The enemy.

Kim Jong-il.

That did it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Saber Fencer said...

Jeffery,

Well...here's another one of those perhaps "weird" fencing stories....

"Anna Kournikova a saber fencer?" [http://www.fencing.net/forums/thread27291.html]
I came across this while going through some fencing sites. Apparently was posted in December of 2006. The original posting was in Russian....but don't read Russian....don't know if there is anything to this or not....but thought was interesting anyway...

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You must be trying to distract me some more . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home