Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Day Joke

Turkey

Yeah, I know, today's not Turkey Day here in Korea, but for all of you readers from the States, this is the day . . . as I was reminded just this morning by an email from a fellow hillbilly still residing in the Ozarks who sent me a joke:
A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon a young boy carrying a wild turkey under his arm.

He stopped and asked the boy, "Where did you get that turkey?"

The boy replied, "What turkey?"

The game warden said, "That turkey you're carrying under your arm."

The boy looks down and said, "Well, lookee here, a turkey done roosted under my arm!"

The game warden said, "Now look, you know turkey season is closed, so whatever you do to that turkey, I'm going to do to you. If you break his leg, I'm gonna break your leg. If you break his wing, I'll break your arm. Whatever you do to him, I'll do to you. So, what are you gonna do with him?"

"The little boy said, 'I guess I'll just kiss his ass and let him go!"
I found this amusing, but I was kind of baffled by part of the punch line, so I inquired of my friend:
Kiss the turkey's ass? How'd a damn donkey get into this story?!
I'm still waiting to hear the answer, and I'm sure that all of you are, too. Meanwhile, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that this will completely answer your question but I also received an email "card" from a friend which stated - "What if only the Indians gave the Pilgrims a donkey rather than a turkey?"

"Well then, we'd all be enjoying a piece of ___ this Thanksgiving."

Since you've filed this under "Toilet Humor" this is about as close as I can get you to why the donkey got in there.

Kinda like that fisherman the game warden was after so long. The game warden got into the boat then the feller tossed him a lit stick of dynamite and asked, "Well, you gonna fish or what?"

JK

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Quite amusing, JK. Riské, yes . . . but amusing. As for the fishing joke, it was merely risky -- or would be as a practical joke.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I suppose that "risqué" is the more common spelling, but I just felt kind of risky.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually...when I typed that, I thought it "risky" too.

Both the e-card and the fishing.

JK

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(This may double post - something unusual happened).

Actually, when I typed that, I thought it was "risky" too.

Both the e-card and the fishing.

JK

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That did double . . . but no matter.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sa-Rah said...

I finally found something that I could read. All the others are too hard and complicated for me to understand, and thats why I couldn't leave a comment on todays writing. (I had nothing to talk about because I couldn't understand a thing! Write some things for kids, too, won't ya?)

I'm missing your funny stories, daddy. The turkey joke was quite interesting, but I couldn't fully understand it, and the word "A**" kind of bothered me....^^;

Anyway, had a good look around here! Bye

Sa-Rah

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Aargh! Oh, no! My own children are reading my blog! My life is over . . .

Are you really only 12 years old, Sa-Rah?

Jeffery 'Daddy' Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home