Friday, August 19, 2011

Bike Ride With Daughter

Just before lunch yesterday, Sa-Rah suggested that we go for a bike ride in the early afternoon, and I agreed because that would give me a break from checking translation work and a valid excuse to drink a little beer at the pathside 'pub' under a subway bridge that crosses the Jungnang River several kilometers upstream in Uijeongbu:


For some obscure reason, my daughter looked shocked at something on the table between us:


I can't imagine what might have occasioned the shock . . .

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is probably trying to figure out how to get you home after inbibing the four bottles of beer in front of you.... :)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hey, I needed those four bottles just to get home!

A man works up a mighty powerful thirst biking several kilometers on a hot day.

And so does a teenage girl -- Sa-Rah drank three bottles of water and a coke!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the expression on your daughter's face.

Sonagi

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Me, too. Maybe she should take up acting. Whaddaya think, Mr. Nemec? (If you're checking.)

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she would make a terrific actress! Getting so much shock and awe into one pose is quite impressive!

My apologies for the late response, as I was out on a church retreat Friday and Saturday.

I am now rehearsing as the lead prosecutor in Inherit the Wind, which is loosely based on the Scopes "Monkey" trial in Tennessee during the 1920's. It was over the illegal teaching of evolution over creationism.

Regards,
Jay

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Jay. I'll show your words to my daughter.

Break a leg in your upcoming performance . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

you definitely couldn't stand a tearoom.

it would be a tear-oom to you.

:-)

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Not a "tear-rhume"?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home