Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Emanations again . . .

Emanations
(Image from Amazon)

As I recently noted, the anthology Emanations has been published, but only yesterday did I receive my copy, sent by the editor, Carter Kaplan, and a quick perusal revealed that he has generously acknowledged the help of others in this publishing endeavor:
Acknowledgements
The editor wishes to express gratitude to Elkie Riches for reading contributions and assisting with the correspondence and negotiations characteristic of such an undertaking. As well, the copy editing expertise of Horace Jeffery Hodges was invaluable, and it is fit to underscore his effort in transforming what was a disheveled manuscript into this book. Finally, appreciation is tendered to the Board of Editorial Advisors, whose experience, material support and combined vision have been vital to the formation of our community. May the project we call International Authors represent the proof and the vindication of their commitment to the "cause" of literary expression.
I'm pleased to receive the thanks, for I do quite a lot of editing work but too often receive no credit. I appreciate it when I do get some recognition.

That's all I have time to blog about this morning, but if you want more on the book, just go to Amazon by clicking on Emanations and search inside the book . . .

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

only yesterday did I receive my copy

*sigh sob sob* I won't receive it sooner than one month or so...

but I must be strong, I can wait, I will react as a waiter.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

They also serve, who only stand and wait . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Jeffery has also been diligent to edit my occasional stories, for which I should be duly grateful.
Someday I may thank him.

Cran

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I welcome you in advance, Uncle Cran . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

hmm, when I happen to work as an editor, I absolutely don't wish to be thanked.

I wanna be paid.

***

[this post is "rated" (word verification)]

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hear that, Uncle Cran?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Grandma Nora always said,
"A million thanks until you're better paid."

Let that be your consolation.

Cran

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Uncle Cran, that clever retort is worth more than money. Thanks.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

One of the contributors just posted on facebook and mentiond you, Jeffery:

"Just finished the 'Lost in Translation' piece, quite enjoyable."

I replied:

"It is a great way to conclude the anthology--sort of a mini-essay on human understanding that draws together the wild effort of all the poetry and myth-making that goes on in the book."

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Carter -- and also to the one who enjoyed it. It was a fun essay to write.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home