Saturday, June 16, 2012

At the Taphouse Craftworks with Students

Since education takes place not only in classrooms, I invited my Academic English class to drinks at the Taphouse Craftworks yesterday evening, and one of the students -- Jee Heeyoun (지희연), who also goes by "Michelle" -- sent me some photographs afterwards, starting with ugly old me:


Here I am again, looking slightly improved by the 'environment' -- I guess I ought to support environmentalism more fervently now that I see its effectiveness. The student to my left, incidentally, is from Ukraine and speaks four languages: Ukranian, Russian, Korean, and English. I suppose her environment proved its effectiveness as well.


Here are photos of what we were drinking. I went for beer, of course.


The students also went for beer, but a couple of them switched to cocktails. The dregs in this glass are caramel. Hmmm . . .


This second cocktail looks more . . . appetizing, I suppose.


We didn't just drink, of course, since this is all about education. I explained a little about the beer and also regaled the students with tales of my past, such as the time that I served a drink to Queen Elizabeth.

I guess you had to be there . . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Gala said...

Hello, Professor Hodges.
That was a nice evening with bear and your story "How I met my five"

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous gala said...

Sorry beer not bear :))

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Gala? Hmmm . . . Galyna, perhaps? What was the "five" story? The five of us?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home