Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Motor Mouth Man . . .

Word to the Wise

I read in "Annie's Mailbox" yesterday a perturbing letter of complaint by a pestered woman:
During the time we dated and for the first three years of our marriage, George and I had normal conversations about sports, politics, movies and books, but now it's only sex, sex and more sex. Frankly, I can't take much more of this . . . . I've gotten angry, I've tried diplomacy . . . . But it goes in one ear and out the other. When I try to steer the conversation into other areas, he always brings it back to sex.
This guy can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Listen, just because we men constantly think about this topic is no excuse for incessantly talking about it! Some man needs to give this guy a frank word to the wise to let him know that he's ruining things for his wife, himself, and most of us other men who know to keep our mouths sealed about what's always on our minds!

I'd link to the letter, but it doesn't seem to be online at the Korea Herald, though it can be found in the hard copy edition: "Annie's Mailbox: Handsy husband," Korea Herald (July 2, 2012, page 17).

Oddly enough, it's on the "Entertainment" page, though it's in fact not quite amusing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, but it'd be also good to hear his side of the story. What does she mean by "always"? Really, every time they talk? For some women once a week would still be too much and too often :) Last year my wife complained that I always disagree with her. I jokingly reminded her that a couple of weeks ago asking when was the last time I disagreed with her. She didn't remember :)

Jacek

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

The entire letter described him groping her in public, but the details were a bit too explicit, so I left that out.

He sounds extreme. You could probably find the entire letter by Googling.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did. She might be right that his behavior is inappropriate at times, but it'd be good to get to the root of the problem. It might also be the effect of secretly taken blue pills, or some unfortunate neurological changes. On the other hand, she might look on the bright side and be a little content with her husband trying to find sexual relief with his own wife, not a younger amante. I'm sure many wives would find such behavior in their husbands desirable :)

Jacek

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Maybe not many, but some would . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home