Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Schedule for "The 13th International Workshop for Translation and Publication of Korean Literature"

LTI Korea Poster
Click Image to Enlarge

On this coming Friday, June 20, 2014, starting at 9:30 in the morning, the Literature Translation Institute of Korea (LTIK) will hold "The 13th International Workshop for Translation and Publication of Korean Literature" in Conference Room 327 on the third floor of the COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, the theme this year being "The Role of Translators and Literary Agents in Globalizing Korean Literature," and I'm to give the keynote address (10:10-10:40) even though I am hugely ignorant on this theme, as I pointed out, so the LTIK is allowing me to speak "about educating and nurturing culture and literature translators[, drawing upon my] . . . . experience and ideas about . . . practically working as a translator," and I agreed to try despite my not, technically, actually being a translator, though I am one member of a two-member translation team, my wife being the other member and coincidentally the true translator, whereas I'm merely the 'transformer,' as I will note in my 30-minute talk.

Registration is at 9:30 and is free, as is attendance at the lectures, so please attend if you have any interest in the themes mentioned above.

By the way, did you see how long that first sentence was? That'd be hell to translate . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home