Sunday, June 21, 2015

Afternoon Delight: Patbingsu

Sun-Ae and I went out for some patbingsu (팥빙수) on Saturday afternoon - a treat for me because my semester just ended Friday and my summer session starts Monday morning.

As you see from the first photo below, I was hungry:

Ice Cream - The Hunger

One could say I was rather mad with hunger. Insane with ice-cream craving. Crazed, even! I tried some . . . and smiled, as the next photo shows:

Ice Cream - The Smile

The patbingsu turned out to be one of the new kinds, this one using shavings of frozen condensed milk - I'm guessing - a bit rich, but a new treat and new taste adventure.

Let the summer session begin!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Looks pretty good! How did it taste?

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Scrump-diddly-ump-tious!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not convinced you took a bite before showing us your "smiley" face. I could not detect any changes in the presented dish, and either you licked the spoon shown completely clean or picked up another spoon for the second tasting.

Anyway, it does look pretty good, rich or not.

Jay

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Very perceptive of you, Jay.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever been hungry enough to eat another bowl of patbingsu after trying one. Gelato is my summer go-to treat. Creamy as soon as you take it out of the freezer, no thawing needed.

Sonagi

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I prefer ice cream to patbingsu.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home