Friday, September 25, 2015

Sliders - Who likes 'em?

Dr. Boli
Out and About

Dr. Boli is conducting "A COMPLETELY SCIENTIFIC INTERNET SURVEY" and invites all his regular readers to respond in the blogpost's comments section. The topic under investigation is "sliders" - but I can't say much more than that since his post was eight paragraphs long and looked too hard to read. I had an opinion, nonetheless, and voiced it, but I didn't read the others' opinions since I care only about my own. Anyway, here's what I wrote:
I had no time to read Dr. Boli's post, but I'll reply anyway.

The slider doesn't bother me as much as the spitball. The latter is actually against baseball rules, and even if throwing spitballs did extend Preacher Roe's pitching years, I never could quite accept that about the man – though I liked him otherwise and played Little League in Preacher Roe's Park. Once in a while, he'd come watch us play.

But sliders? They're legit. So, they're okay.
I'm sure everyone will agree with me, but I'm waiting to see the final results of Dr. Boli's scientific survey . . .

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Sperwer said...

I prefer my sliders with horseradish.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That's certainly a new spin on sliders . . . it might fall under regulations about tampering with the baseball.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Antony Trepniak said...

Here are my thoughts on the subject.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Up to your old t.ricks, I see.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home