Thursday, July 21, 2016

Proof that Melania Trump Did NOT Plagiarize

Comparing Melania's Speech with Michelle's Speech

Admittedly, the synoptic presentation above makes Melania look like a plagiarist, but let us look more closely at what Melania really said. For convenience, here are Michelle's words from her speech of August 25, 2008:
And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children -- and all children in this nation -- to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.
Compare now Melania's actual words from her speech of July 18, 2016:
From a young age, my parents [Barack and Michelle] impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.
You see? A source for the words that mirror Michelle's words so closely is provided by Melania: "my parents." Clearly, Melania means that her parents are Barack and Michelle, so I have added this clarifying point in brackets. Melania is thus NOT plagiarizing Michelle's speech! Rather, she is repeating nearly verbatim the moral lessons learned so well from her parents Barack and Michelle, and of these lessons, the principal one is honesty.

The beauty of my hypothesis is that it also explains Donald Trump's otherwise inexplicable obsession with Barack Obama's birth certificate!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger N.E. Brigand said...

Speaking of things said at the RNC (which is happening about six blocks from where I now sit), I thought you might be interested in this column, which considers Dr. Ben Carson's words last night with an eye to Milton.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks. A very interesting read.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Now I'm really confused!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Let go of your confusion and accept the truth I speak.

Jeffery Hodges

* * **

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger TheBigHenry said...

HJH,

I am not sure that The Don's interest (shall we say?) rises to the level of obsession, but I doubt it is inexplicable. There are many Americans, myself included, who doubt the legitimacy of his claimed American birthright.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well . . . don't take me too seriously when I'm in my satire mode.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home