Monday, September 05, 2016

"stiletto clad legs"?

By Artist Angela China
("China" pronounced "key-nah")
aka "GumShoe"
Castle Fitzjohns

I received an email from Castle Fitzjohns Gallery yesterday with the images above and the message below:
Angela China known as "GumShoe" has become infamous for her stiletto clad legs which can be seen as landmark murals in New York, Miami, LA and Seattle. Her work has been exhibited in galleries and major art fairs across the US and in Europe.

The three prints are editions of 50, signed and numbered, 18" x 24". From left to right, "Shoes", "Meat Packing" and "Christina".

Simply reply to this email with your address with your choice, we'll send you a paypal invoice and ship to you within a few days.
I wasn't interested in ordering any prints, but I did wonder about this phrase:
stiletto clad legs
Shouldn't that be this:
stiletto shod feet
I therefore sent back a note of inquiry, and this gallery - which had contacted me at my Gmail address - rejected my note as spam:
This message has been rejected due to content judged to be spam by the internet community IB212.
That was annoying, so I'm responding with this blogpost retort: Castle Fitzjohns Gallery sends me an unsolicited email, but treats my reply as spam?

A simple "Thanks" would have sufficed.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger TheBigHenry said...

I agree with you, HJH.

Thanx.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, TBH.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Your message was rejected as spam because you'd neglected to hyphenate the phrasal adjective preceding the noun it modifies: "stiletto-shod feet." Yes: spam filters have become grammar Nazis.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I throw mice elf on the mercy of the court.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger N.E. Brigand said...

This reminds me of an illustrated presentation I once saw Mark Hooker give on translations of The Hobbit. Hooker said that just from a picture of Bilbo, any observer would know if a translation was Russian: Bilbo would be shown with furry legs, not just furry feet, because apparently Russian doesn't distinguish between the two.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I guess "Dem Dry Bones" would pose special problems, too.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home