Saturday, October 29, 2016

On a Break from the Hills

Dinner for Two

My loving wife made this salad-style dinner for the two of us, but she focused mostly on her own meal and left the small plate in the distance to me!

Actually, this is one of those optical illusions - the lines are slanted to make the plates look different sizes - but if you come to my table and measure, they're about the same.

Just kidding about the optical illusion stuff - the illusion is a perspectival one, with my plate retreating toward the vanishing point, so I'd better eat quickly before the food disappears . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Looks delish! What was the dressing?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

My wife says it's sold by Pulmuone, that it's probably mostly soy sauce and sesame oil, and that it's labeled "Oriental"!

Ye Gads! That label's Orientalist! Edward Said must be rolling in his grave!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home